A Leader in Text-to-Speech Technology for Aviation
StARCaster® RWAS is a fully autonomous, high quality VHF broadcasting solution
designed to provide a Remote Weather Advisory Service in uncontrolled airspaces.
WHY STARCASTER® RWAS?
• Built upon the industry leading flexible StarCaster platform
(D-ATIS/D-VOLMET), the StarCaster RWAS system can be deployed alongside any remote airport, airstrip or helipad location to provide advisory services with high reliability and clarity;
• The complete Starcaster RWAS solution consists of a weather sensor, VHF transmitter and monitoring workstation to provide continuous, automated weather advisory services in both indoor and outdoor technical environments;
• StarCaster RWAS is an efficient, cost effective COTS VHF broadcasting solution that provides hands-off operation under all environmental conditions at remote non-towered locations without ATC Personnel.
• Fully autonomous broadcasting system designed to automatically broadcast weather information in the highest quality of voice to airspace users in uncontrolled airspaces;
• StarCaster’s flexible design allows RWAS to be deployed in both indoor and outdoor technical environments;
• Automatically processes realtime environmental data to produce an ICAO compliant METAR/MET REPORT for inclusion in the voice broadcast;
• Transmits the voice broadcasts in continuous fashion to existing or new VHF transmitters (both high and lower power);
• Optional monitoring workstation position allows access to historical weather and system logs;
• Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware platform.
Concept of Operations
Remote Weather Advisory Service (RWAS)
The RWAS system can be deployed alongside any remote airport, airstrip or helipad location to provide advisory services with high reliability and clarity.
The weather sensor measures over 25 realtime environmental conditions and distributes it to the RWAS system for processing.
The RWAS system automatically processes the environmental data producing an ICAO compliant weather report for voice broadcast.
CONTINUOUS VHF BROADCAST
The RWAS voice broadcast is continuously transmitted via VHF transmitters to airspace users.
Airspace users are able to receive the most recent weather report by listening to the broadcast or from an optional ground display.
ENHANCED FLIGHT SAFETY
Aviation safety is improved and flight risks are reduced for airspace users accessing uncontrolled runway and helipad locations.
StarCaster RWAS was designed to provide
a remote weather advisory service for
airspace users accessing remote
uncontrolled runway and helipad locations.
HIGH PERFORMANCE AND QUALITY
Compared to other automated solutions, such as a micro AWOS, StarCaster RWAS provides superior audio quality, as well as remote monitoring and briefing capabalities.
COMPLETE VHF SOLUTION
The complete StarCaster RWAS solution
includes the required weather sensor and VHF transmitter hardware components.
StarCaster RWAS supports connecting to an existing weather sensor or optionally a remote sensor using satellite and cloud services.
The optional monitoring workstation
position provides user functionality to
monitor system diagnostics from either an onsite or remote location.
CLEAR, NATURAL VOICE
Exclusive Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology generates the most natural sounding voice with unrivalled clarity.
Produces RWAS broadcasts in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish with other languages available upon request.
Thank you for visiting us! Your call will be responded to promptly by our team.